display not working on Dell mini

kukulcan (Quetzalcoatl P. H.) keeper_apesta at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 20:49:25 UTC 2009

i havent been able to make the display of my mini work properly, im adding the exit from lshw:

    product: Inspiron 1010
    vendor: Dell Inc.

        *-display UNCLAIMED
             product: System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) Graphics Controller
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 2
             bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
             version: 07
             width: 32 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list
             configuration: latency=0

i have tried installing some file from the repositories:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

with a :

sudo apt-get install poulsbo-driver-2d poulsbo-driver-3d psb-firmware psb-kernel-sources

and it looks as if it were working properly, but then it just FRIZZES!!! and i'm not able to do anything, i have tried modyfing some stuff at my /etc/X11/xorg.config but nothing have solved the freezing problem, i also tried with a karma koala cd but it doesnt recognice the screen so it's the same as in Jaunty.

have anybody been able to make it work?, what im missing?...

thnkx in advance.