Can't set the printer I want as default printer (CUPS)

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 04:00:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> I want to set the HP1320 Laserjet as the default printer but when I
> select "set as Default" for this printer in CUPS I get an error
> message saying "Unknown operation "set-as-default"!".  I can set the
> HP7310 as default but that's not what I want.

Haven't seen that error before.
You might try this - open a terminal
Type 'lpstat -p' to get a list of installed printers. Mainly just to make sure we type the name correctly. Now type 'lpadmin -d PrinterName' and see if that works.

Brian

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false