Media Drive Permissions

Mark Traceur marktraceur at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 08:16:55 UTC 2009

> How do you mount your media partitions? Is it via /etc/fstab, or do you
> mount the partitions manually? If it is with /etc/fstab, you should add
> the uid and / or gid mount options. Then the relevant fstab line would
> look like this:
>
> UUID=9CC4-F7CA /media/Media2 vfat uid=1000,gid=46 0 0

Awesome! It works now, with this line:

> /dev/sdd1 /media/Media2 vfat uid=1000,gid=46 0 0

(I cheat and use the devices in /dev)

Thanks a lot, Nils, this will make my life soooo much easier!

--MarkTraceur

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Build your own home cinema with Ubuntu 9.10 & Moovida (how-to +
videos)  - http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a47oz/build_your_own_home_cinema_with_ubuntu_910/