Low Resolution Issue Since Last Karmic Kernel Update

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 14 00:34:56 UTC 2009

On 11/13/2009 03:23 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> Note: you'll need to put 'xserver-xorg-video-nv' back.
>>

> I believe you but can you give a reason.  I didn't see where is was a
> dependency.  Apt* show says it's optional
> and suggest to me it related to the nv driver and not nvidia driver.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/xserver-xorg-video-nv

It's installed on my clean test machine by default (gnome), so I reckon
it's there for a reason. You can leave it uninstalled if you wish, but
I'd recommend putting it back. Bug reports are here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nv/+bugs

<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nv/+bugs?field.searchtext=karmic&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>