Easy video editing software

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 12 20:22:01 UTC 2009

On 11/11/2009 07:36 PM, drew einhorn wrote:
> My daughter teaches at an elementary school
> and is looking for easy video editing software.
>
> A quick google search turned up this list of
> 22 free and open source video editing packages
> from the Wikipedia.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_and_open_source_software_packages#Video_editing
>
> Any recommendations on which of these packages
> (or others) that we should take a closer look at?

You might want to have a look at UbuntuStudio:

http://ubuntustudio.org/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageList
and here is a list of what is in the repository & links to wishlist for
applications that are not (yet) in the repository:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wishlist
The wishlist items with links can be installed individually of course
(cinelerra etc) & the individual packages in the repositories can be
installed directly.

Also see:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio
http://ubuntustudio.org/support
The multimedia specific forums might be a good place to check/ask.