Nvidia Display Driver

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 13:07:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:24:49 +0800
Putu Wiramaswara Widya <initrunlevel0 at gmail.com> uttered these words:

> why you don't try to use proprietary hardware driver manager in
> ubuntu? it's located on system > administration > hardware drivers
> menu.

Agreed, but he is trying to use the proprietary driver.  The problem is
he can't see anything for want of the driver with a Jaunty live-cd.

In my case, the screen was shifted to the right and a fat black line
was in place on the left with the live-Cd, but when I installed Karmic
and then installed the nvidia driver(s) and rebooted, the desktop was
as it should be.

My advice to Wayan Adjust is to try burning the Karmic (9.10) and
looking at that, or to update to Jaunty from within Update Manager.  If
you don't like it, you can always revert to 8.10.

--
Graham Todd