Issue with Hylafax

Chris Roubekas croubekas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:27:34 UTC 2009

Recently I ran an apt-get upgrade on my Ubuntu Server 8.10 which has
hylafax-server running. Apparently Ubuntu had an update for libtiff which
was updated to version 4. However, this update caused my hylafax received
faxes not to be operable. In specific, hylafax now receives a fax and places
it in recvq. The file in this folder is perfectly fine. I have however added
the functionality to send all received faxes via e-mail as an attachment (in
pdf) which used to work perfectly fine before the libtiff upgrade. Now the
pdf's that are sent as attachments are not readable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get that functionality back??

Thank you.
Chris