recovery console (gimme a huge round of lol's)

Ian Coetzee ubuntu at iancoetzee.za.net
Wed Nov 11 06:03:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Fred Roller <froller at tnclimited.com> wrote:
> I imagine appending single to the kernel line during boot still works to
> get you to a console as root and no password.  Then you should be able
> to change the password of the user you created, just write down ;-p

And how would I go about appending "single" to the kernel line, if I
cant get into the grub boot menu?

write down I will do :)

I was also thinking of booting a live distro and the chrooting into
the linux environment... however I have no clue as to which distro
will live boot into a CLI :S

Regards
Ian