Wireless: network detected, but no connection

Tue Nov 10 23:02:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 14:36 -0800, NoOp wrote:

> meanwhile, I'm going to go find
> > Rashkee's other bottle of scotch :-)

Dear NoOp

First of all, let me thank you very very much for your help and all the
precious suggestions you gave me.

Well, after spending all these hours by trying to resolve this problem,
we really deserve a glass of our favourite scotch. :-)

I'll check the links, especially launchpad.net.
At the moment, I consider the problem as solved, since I can connect the
machines to the network. I can confirm that un-installing NM, wicd and
starting the connection manually works fine!

Maybe it's just time to buy a newer wlan-stick :-)

Thanks again for your help.

Hello from the sunny southern of Switzerland!

Frank