Gnome Panel Instability

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 10 18:28:28 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

Recently upgraded to 9.10 and generally it's a blast.  However there is
one thing that I'm finding annoying.

I have a top and bottom panel in Gnome with lots of useful applets on
them but since the upgrade, when I start up one of them might not be
there or they swap places or applets have just vanished from them.  Last
night all my minimised program buttons disappeared. I have tried
creating a new panel from scratch but the problem persists.

I have no idea what's causing it or where to start looking.  Anybody
fixed anything like this before?

cheers,

Graham Watkins