doubt on cloud computing

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:59:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Mark Traceur <marktraceur at gmail.com>wrote:

> Raseel, it's a general discussion, isn't it? Maybe he's programming on
> Ubuntu, who knows. That being said, we can't do his homework for him.
>
> I gotta say that, from the start, I was excited to see the question
> asked: Will OpenOffice (or other open source office suites) be
> replaced by the cloud soon? Is there any need for Open Source software
> (in the eyes of the public) when cloud apps are all free?
>
> --MarkTraceur
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Raseel Bhagat <raseelbhagat at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Senthil Kumar M <ms.cs.engg at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Very THanks for the link. Give some IDEAs,, I want to do project in
> >> cloud(I'm finalyear student). I could not figured it out, how to do
> this..
> >> Give some idea how to start
> >
> > Senthil, why are you asking this on a Ubuntu list ?
> > Do you need any specific answers w.r.t Cloud computing and Ubuntu ?
> >
> > --
> > Raseel
> >
> > --

> Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
> get all the money. Where's the justice there?
>
> Thought experiment: say a major component of a Linux desktop
> environment got patent-fucked. W...  -
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a21n2/thought_experiment_say_a_major_component_of_a/

Hey Mark,

I don't know if this list is for general discussions.
If he really IS programming for the Cloud on Ubuntu, or if had questions
pertaining to softwares like Hadoop, Eucalyptus, etc. I would definitely
encourage the discussion.

I was only pointing out that there is not even a mention of Ubuntu in his
posts.

--
Raseel