Installing Ubuntu 9.10 side by side (twice), on different hard disks

Ioannis Vranos cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr
Tue Nov 10 15:30:30 UTC 2009

I have a system with 2 hard disks. I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 x64 on
the first hard disk, and I want to have a second installation of it on
the second hard disk.

The problem is that when I install it on the second hard disk, it
installs GRUB on the MBR of the first hard disk (erasing access to the
Ubuntu 9.10 installation in the first hard disk), and does not install
GRUB on the MBR of the second hard disk, where the installation takes
place.

How can I have two installations of Ubuntu on two separate hard disks
with the equivalent two GRUB installations on the MBRs of the two hard
disks?

Thank you in advance,

--
Ioannis Vranos