Karmic PolicyKit-1, grant access to user

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Tue Nov 10 02:30:03 UTC 2009

As I discussed earlier in my rant thread, PolicyKit has been replaced
with PolicyKit-1, but there is now no gui to configure any of the policies.

It was easy enough to find the /usr/share/polikit-1 folder and I can
modify the entries there to change the deault policies to my heart's
content, but I can't figure out how grant access to a specific user.

For a real world example, suppose I want to give my primary user
permission to use sound devices, whether or not I'm currently the active
console user.  (This is something I did in Jaunty so music would keep on
playing even though I'm logging in to another system remotely on a
second x session.)

I can't even find in what file that setting is stored in the old
policykit, let alone how to transfer it to policykit-1