Fujitsu <-- Ubuntu

The Eye In The Sky syiwabhairawa at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Nov 9 06:53:05 UTC 2009

0 wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu Users, a Fujitsu notebook is not sold in my country. I want to order it from the USA, but as returning it may be difficult, I would like to know whether the hardware is supported bu Ubuntu. The model # is s7210. Did anybody experience any difficulties when installing Ubuntu on a Fujitsu laptop? Which information can you give me on the topic? Thanks in advance.

I used that around 2 years back. That time I was running the 7.10 if my
memory serves me correctly. My office was using Fujitsu solely for the
x86 laptop since we are competitor to other big named vendors, so I've
been using Ubuntu since the 1st inception and starting with the Fujitsu
S2520 (PIII series) without problem. Display, keyboard, USB, hard disk,
CD/DVD, LAN, and lately wifi. But I never tried the modem, there is no
more dial up service in my country.

Any reason why you chose to purchase a discontinued product? Why not
buying the 7220 instead, for example?