please delete this page and make it disappear in any search engine

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Nov 9 03:30:15 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009 6:59:06 pm Christopher Chan wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 08:23 +0630, Nay Myo Win wrote:
> >> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.
> >>
> >> whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to
> >> delete this page from all search engines.
> >
> >   Please explain what you mean by whenever you type in Google, you find
> > this page.  How are you exiting your web browser and what is it's
> > default home page?
>
> He probably means whenever he googles his name.

Maybe so but sending thousands of people fro the maillist to the page will
only move it up, not down, in the search engine's priority moving his page
into a more prominent position.  I can understand why he would like it gone
but that will not happen by calling attention to it.  It is in the other
search engines also and none of them are known for their cooperation!  The
best he could hope for IMHO, is for removal from the maillist archives and
that may be unlikely also.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403