add superuser to a user

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:31:29 UTC 2009

Em Domingo 08 Novembro 2009, William escreveu:
> I'm the only one that use my computer I would like to know how to add
> super user access to my user so I do not have to run sudo and to
>  install software ?

That's not a good idea. Running a GUI (and many other softwares) as root
may open security breaches which will make it easier for an attacker to
compromise your system. Also, it makes easier for yourself to
inadvertently / unknowingly run software that can damage your system.
So, using sudo is useful to protect your system from yourself, as well
as from others.
If you still want to do this anyway, you need to change your user ID to
0, which is root UID.  Edit /etc/passwd (using sudo) and change the
number right after the second ":" at the line of your user account to 0
(probably it is currently 1000, if this is the user you created while
installing the system).
Again, it's not advisable to do this.

[]'s
Marcelo