Ubuntu, SATA, installation!?

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 8 00:28:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 00:19:33 -0000, 0 <the_herd_of_the_horses at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I've not installed Ubuntu yet, I want to know whether it supports the
> SATA controller of the PC mentioned. I hope the manual tells enough
> information about the SATA controller for you to answer.
>
> https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8oLg_kLKV2eNGE1Njk5NjUtMjNlOC00NzQ0LWEwM2YtOTlkNThiOTBkNzZj&hl=en
>
> Actually, I'm not sure whether I'm going to install Ubuntu, and am
> afraid that I'll not cope with the installation, as this is my first
> installation of an OS.
>
> I would be extremely glad if I could get a relevant and helpful reply.

The manual doesn’t give much hardware info.
The best way to find out if it will run on your machine is to download and
burn the live CD.  Instructions and download here
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/getubuntu/download
You can then boot off it and see if it will run with out altering your
current set up.

--
Steve