Whoever gave NM a keyring

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:41:11 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/07/2009 01:07 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> Tom H wrote:
>>> Have you read what the developer who replied to your bug report has
>>> said? Your bug report will be closed if you do not prove to the
>>> developers that NM is not behaving as the developer and Steven have
>>> set out.
>>>

>> 	I really do not care. What happened is in the bug. I can not
>> explain why no one else gets the problem nor should I have to.
>> I am using wcid now anyway. Glad it was available.
>
> When you file a bug report you are doing two things: 1) notifying the
> developers that you have found (what you believe to be) a problem that
> should be resolved, and 2) basically agreeing to assist in helping to
> resolve the bug by providing information/feedback to the
> developer/person(s) working on _your_ issue.
>
> If you are simply going to file a bug report in a 'hit & run' fashion,
> then I'd recommend that you not file one at all.
>
> I see that you reset the bug status back to new:
> Changed in gnome-keyring (Ubuntu):
> status: 	Incomplete → New
>
> If you "really do not care", at least have the courtesy of closing the
> bug and informing the developer(s) that you no longer care to pursue the
> bug & have instead switched to wicd. That way you don't waste their time
> any longer.

	I planned to return to wicd and did so. I did see what I
reported. If no-one can reproduce the results it must be my
laptop that caused the problem though I see no way how that
could be. There was a problem and I produced a good bug
report. I hope they can take my word and as I ask. There is no
reason to marry keyring and NM.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI