Upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10.

Stuart Lesnett stulesnett at cox.net
Fri Nov 6 19:01:05 UTC 2009

I have notice a lot of discontent concerning the 9.10 upgrade but I'm
here to say that I encountered NO problems with the upgrade.  I am
running the Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit package.

It solved my printer problems with 9.04 and my Epson Stylus CX-5400
which I could not get allocated to the system 9.04.  9.04 was a clean
install from my 7.10 system.

The email and browser  accepted my backups from 7.10.

The startup is a little trashy but the enter key takes care of that.
The only problem that I have encountered that bugs me is NVIDIA drivers
does not hold it settings when switching between users.  Whoever (myself
or wife) signs-on first gets the correct  setting.  The other person has
go to "Admnistration NVIDIA X Server" to reset their settings to correct
resolution.