9.10 is a black eye for Ubuntu

Mark Syms mark at marksyms.me.uk
Fri Nov 6 10:38:30 UTC 2009

At the risk of "me too" I'll just note that I've had three trouble free
upgrades to 9.10 which is a vast improvement over 9.04 (especially UNR for
my netbook). The only issue I'm having is that compiz and my netbook don't
play nice with external monitors but that's not a regression as 9.04
couldn't run compiz on that machine as the Intel video driver didn't even
do OpenGL in 9.04, workaround is to simply turn desktop effects off before
switching monitors.

I had more trouble doing an 8.10 to 9.04 where it trashed the config for
my RAID array which then had to be reconfigured (not hard as it happened
but a definite oh c**p moment when no disks came back up).