Early adopters bloodied by Ubuntu's Karmic Koala . The Register

Fri Nov 6 09:13:29 UTC 2009

thomas <valhalla2100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I got burnt so many times by the latest and greatest releases of DOS
> and Windows that I learned a long time ago that it is very risky to
> be among the first adopters. I had a lot
> of problems going from Windows to Ubuntu and am scared.

The Beta and RC was in pretty widespread use for a while before the
release date, which *should* have ironed out many bugs.
But I think one problem Ubuntu might be facing here is a large
proportion of beta 'testers' who do so to have the bleeding-edge
software rather than for the rigorous expulsion of bugs. And a
peculiarly large install base on near-identical hardware (VirtualBox)

There certainly seemed to be fewer problems than I was expecting given
the large changes.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)