9.10 is a black eye for Ubuntu

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Nov 6 00:40:36 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 November 2009 9:49:02 am Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> I installed Karmic Koala on a friend's computer and was completly
> shocked in what bad shape it was.
>
> I've been on Fedora for a long time, and always considered Fedora to
> be quite bleeding edge and broken,
> but what I've seen with Kunbuntu totally shocked me.

I think you have hit the actual nail on the head.  Since 70 percent of Linux
users rely on KDE, it is the poor performance of supporting KDE that is what
is causing things like the Linux Magazine Daily article titled "Hey Ubuntu,
Stop Making Linux Look Bad".  If you are only limiting yourself to Gnome;
what little functionality you have to work with usually  works fine and those
users are not having any real problems with 9.10.  Still, I think KDE is MUCH
better in 9.10 than it has been in any previous Ubuntu distro back to 8.04's
KDE 3.5.   For my working computer however, I will still wait for the 10.04
release.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403