Connection to Pricewatch.com not happening

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Thu Nov 5 23:53:01 UTC 2009

Steve wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:35:47 -0000, Ray Parrish <crp at cmc.net> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
>> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
>> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>>
>> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
>> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>>
>> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
>> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>>
>> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
>> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> Ihe sites ip is 174.129.37.55 try that.

Hello,

I tired the ip address, and no luck. I also installed Seamonkey and gave
it a try with no luck.

I rebooted to Windows XP, and Firefox in XP connects, and browses the
site just fine, so it's evidently something with my Ubuntu configuration
that is blocking my connection to Price Watch.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.
http://www.rayslinks.com/The%20Future%20of%20Technology.html