Evolution crash adding new memo or task

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:00:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:48:45 -0000, Raoul Cadei
<raoul.cadei at geekscube.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	when I try to add a new memo or a new task, Evolution crashes with a
> segmentation fault. This happens just after I hit the enter key. At the
> next
> Evolution startup the voice is correctly displayed, however I would
> avoid to
> restart Evolution after each addition...
>
> I try to search with google for a solution, but the only place I found is
> this message list
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com/msg349730.html
>
> That gives me a 403 error.
>
> Do you know if this is a bug or just something I must change in my
> config?
>

> Thanks in advance, regards.
>
> ---
>
> Raoul Cadei

Not sure why you’re getting a 403 error but, that page says:

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. However, your crash report is either missing or
challenging to deal with as a ".crash" file. Please follow these
instructions to have apport report a new bug about your crash that can
be dealt with by the automatic retracer.

If you are running the Ubuntu Stable Release you might need to enable
apport in /etc/default/apport and restart.

If you are using Ubuntu with the Gnome desktop environment - launch
nautilus
and navigate to your /var/crash directory and double click on the crash
report
you wish to submit.
If you are using Kubuntu or Xubuntu you can file the crash using
/usr/share/apport/apport-qt --crash-file=/var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash
in a
terminal - where _my_crash_report.crash is the crash you would like to
report.

I'm closing this bug report since the process outlined above will
automatically open a new bug report which can then dealt with more
efficiently. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Hope this helps.
--
Steve