Early adopters bloodied by Ubuntu's Karmic Koala . The Register

thomas valhalla2100 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 18:20:06 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>

>> Only around 10 per cent of those upgrading or installing reported a
>> completely flawless experience.
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/03/karmic_koala_frustration/
>>

> Naturally.  The folks who install flawlessly don't have anything to say...

I am having problems too. I suspect that a lot of people got upgraded, as I
did, without realizing what was happening until it was too late. Despite the
fact that LINUX is somewhat better than Windows I got burnt so many times
by the latest and greatest releases of DOS and Windows that I learned a
long time ago that it is very risky to be among the first adopters. I
had a lot
of problems going from Windows to Ubuntu and am scared.

For a new users dealing with problems can be a big wall, or locked door.

I am hoping that the problems will be fixed with 9.10 and future upgrades
will include the fixes.