Kubuntu 9.10 wireless network problem - SOLVED! (more or less...)

Sebastian Vosberg Frostzwerg at web.de
Thu Nov 5 09:17:38 UTC 2009

> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I have recently updated my Kubuntu 9.04 to Kubuntu 9.10 (Karmic
> > >  Koala) on a 64-bit system. During installation a problem appears,
> > >  "tex-common" could not be installed but I think this has nothing to
> > >  do with my problem concerning the wireless network. The
> > >  network-assistant finds my wlan router, but I cannot connect. When
> > >  clicking on the network's name a new window opens where I can set up
> > >  an NEW network. But I just want to connect a existing one. The only
> > >  thing I can do is to connect by ethernet.....Can anybody please help
> > >  me? Thank you! Cheers

Hi everybody,

I don't know what is going on, but the wlan now works.....Kubuntu tells me that the connection is not available but it works, I can connect....and I did not change anything in the setup!
Meanwhile, the switching between cable- and wireless- network works fine, but it is very slow (7Mbit instead of 25 before....)!
So I think the problem is solved, et least for now!
Thank you for your help!