Karmic on a vista lap top

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 12:51:44 UTC 2009

Willis Taylor wrote:
> I need to dual boot an elderly gentleman and I believe, from all the
> horror stories that there must be some special considerations t be
> considered.  Any thoughts o this install will be appreciated.  This
> gentleman has purchased a Compaq lap top loaded with Vista.

	I have a laptop from Compaq/HP that came with Vista. Vista
has all the 160 GB of hard drive space. It took some time with
a i386 LiveCD using Gpart to select the amount of space, about
100 GB, to remove this and form a new partition that is shown
as /dev/sda2 and you want it at the end of the hard drive. You
do this with the same Gpart and it takes time.

	When done make another 6GB partition to put Ubuntu. I have 3
versions of Ubuntu on my laptop.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI