When installing ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala will grub2 work together with grub legacy

bqz69 bqz69 at telia.com
Tue Nov 3 23:45:15 UTC 2009

> If all is okay... take your time checking this out...then...
>
> sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>
> to set to your grub.cfg.

I have:
windows on sda1
and
8.04 on sda2

Then I installed 9.10 on sda5 /boot, and sda6 / encrypted partition (sda5/6)
and grub2 could see all 3.

Then I installed debian on sda7
It could now see sda1,  sda2,  and sda7,  but still not see sda5/6

I tried my grub2 rescue cd, hoping to see also sda5/6, but it  could not.

Then I installed another 9.10 on sda8, hoping grub2 could see sda5/6, but it
could not, but it could see all the others.

I put grub/grub2 on MBR in all cases.

Any suggestions?