no sound after upgrade to karmic

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Mon Nov 2 14:20:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, NoOp wrote:

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/padevchooser
   To show my good will, I installed padevchooser, paman...
   The behaviour of these pulsaudio tools is rather hard to understand:
   First, paman  actually showed me the sink and source to put in /etc/pulse/client.conf
   After that, still pulseaudio errors, and no sound.
   Then, I delete ~/.pulse ==> great, sound works...but now paman no more works, as well
   as pavumeter, and so on. ("can't connect" messages)
   More strange: I get pulsaudio messages polluting an Xdialog call, making it unusable !!!
   I then definitively purged the pulseaudio suite, and everything works fine
   in the sound and Xdialog worlds.

--
Pierre Frenkiel