802.11-N Howto

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Nov 2 00:51:16 UTC 2009

fyrbrds at netscape.net wrote:
> All true. But when you dual boot a box and you get 300 Mb/s on Windows
> and 100 Kb/s on Ubuntu, none of that matters. Something is wrong with
> the config. I only need to know what tools are available to tweak the
> config. Wifi signal levels, channel numbers, etc. are irrelevant. The
> router can do 300 Mb/s on several n devices including this one. It
> just can't do it with Ubuntu so far. I need help from someone who
> knows tools that allow more than the basic of just typing your WPA key
> and then crossing your fingers, which is essentially what I have done.

Please do not top post. It is alright for me since I am the sole replier
at the moment but it might throw others off the track. Any tweaking will
have to be done at the driver level I suspect. On Windows, I'd have to
go into the driver's settings for Location and other stuff. In other
words, I think this is going to be specific for each chipset. So you
will have to start by letting us know what you've got before we can even
try to figure it out.