Bios Setting: F2 diabled

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun May 31 20:53:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009 13:39:23 -0700
Jerry Houston <jerry at effjayare.net> wrote:

> What I see most often is <F11> or <Del>.

Never seen F11 to enter the BIOS

> Maybe he's remembering <F2> from a previous machine?

100% of all PC I have seen in the past 15 years always used F2 or
DELETE. Function Keys other than F2 are usually used for other
BIOS features, like displaying boot menu, booting directly to the
network, resuming boot process after a BIOS message/error/warning, what
have you.

At any rate, if the OP is sure he used F2 to enter the BIOS and it
doesn't work anymore after installing Ubuntu, his BIOS must be
seriously screwed (not because of Ubuntu though!). Resetting the BIOS
manually on the motherboard might help... if not, reflashing the BIOS
if the image is still available from the manufacturer...

--
Vince