PDF Editor in Ubuntu

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:26:02 UTC 2009

sam tygier wrote:
> Reeyarn wrote:
>
>> is there a basic pdf editor in ubuntu?
>> I'm reading some e-books and wants to highlight some sentences (or
>> mark with underlines) in pdfs,
>> anyone could suggest a good pdf editor or reader?
>>

> maybe not the best for this case, but it should be noted that openoffice has a pdf import plugin (its called openoffice.org-pdfimport in the repos).
>
> sam

    Well Sam I hope you are jesting :-)
I have a multicolor complex pdf file I use to test new things with and I
got OO version 3 to open it and it did a perfect job. I got to working
with it and deleted a number of things. Then I said quit and it wanted
to save what I did and I let it do so to another file name and location.
I opened the new pdf file with Eunice and it was PERFECT! The things I
deleted are deleted.

    I need to work with this software some more with multi-page pdf and
such. But in general if your running Jaunty you can make OO version 3 a
perfect pdf editing software. We do not need to look further.

73 karl