Ubuntu List SW

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Sun May 31 20:22:15 UTC 2009

On 31/05/09 02:16 PM, Jerry Houston wrote:
> Fortunately for me, KMail is much better than Thunderbird in virtually every
> way, it's free, and it runs on all my Linux machines.

I also love KMail but reluctantly switched to Thunderbird because it was
intolerably slow with IMAP compared to Thunderbird. I notice that the
latest version, 1.11.3, running on KDE 4.2.3 on Fedora 10 is
significantly faster than it used to be with IMAP and it also has some
unique features that have me wanting to switch back.

> If it ever becomes
> available for Windows, I won't need Thunderbird at all.

<http://windows.kde.org/>

By the way, I tried building KDE 4 on OS X on a 1.25GHz G4 and gave up
after six days(!) of it grinding away building all its dependencies.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis