Not a member?

Pete Clapham peteclapham at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 31 15:21:46 UTC 2009

There's another possibility.  This happens all the time to me, because I use a POP client with access to several email accounts.  My membership on the Ubuntu list is via my SBC Global account, but my SMTP server is either Gmail at home or my employer at work.  When I send a message to the list from the POP client (e.g. when I get really angry about a comment), the system thinks it's coming from Gmail or my employer, not SBC Global.  Hence it thinks I'm not me.  Oh well, who ever thought computer systems could think?