I'm losing hope..HELP

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun May 31 12:09:12 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Spark A wrote:
> > as I was working on ubuntu dealing with a crash....ubuntu was
> > telling me that there is no space left on device (thats not right).
> >
> > so I restarted the pc...and a black screen poped up in my face..
> > I attached a pic of the screen....check it
> > out......................

>     Please tell us more. From the picture you took it appears your
> trying to run Ubuntu Jaunty on a Windows file system. This will not
> work. Not sure how you got to that point.

You get to that point if you install Ubuntu within Windows using wubi.
If you simply insert the Ubuntu install CD while you are running Windows
the wubi installation will be started automatically. And yes, it _does_
work in most cases.

>     Sounds like you might need to re-load Ubuntu and use a new
> partition and format it to ext3. Good luck.

Obviously it did work previously, so even if a new installation may be
necessary (which I don't know) it doesn't have to be on a separate ext3
partition. Even if you and I prefer ext3, some people prefer the
installation within Windows to avoid problems from repartitioning the
disk.

Nils