PDF Editor in Ubuntu

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sat May 30 15:54:08 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> But if you are using something which is not portable, e.g. dos text
>> graphics libs in TC, then you are making yourself dependent on TC and
>> your code obviously will not be portable.
>>

> Back on topic, would it be reasonable that a PDF writer written in C
> would _not_ have such a function. So, porting the PDF writer then
> becomes non-trivial.

I do not know. It depends on the libraries being used to develop the PDF
writer. Which ones do you have in mind?

Having said that, PDF is an open standard. So it should be possible to
write a PDF writer using C without any external libraries and using only
standard C and taking care of portability.

ever having been read.