NFS client on Ubuntu?

Dolf Andringa dolf.andringa at elcyon.nl
Sat May 30 14:28:35 UTC 2009

Hey Jerry,

Install the package nfs-common. That is an nfs client. You could then
use the mount command to mount the nfs shares from your SuSE server.

in a terminal type:

apt-get install nfs-common
mount -t nfs hostnameorip:/path/to/shared/folder /media/somemountpoint

replace hostnameorip with the hostname/ip-address of your SuSE server
and /path/to/shared/folder with the path of the folder that you shared
on your SuSE server. You then mount that nfs-share on your local
filesystem in Ubuntu in the folder /media/sommountpoint where
somemountpoint would have to be an exisiting (but empty) folder on your
machine.
If you want this to happen automatically upon booting, you can put an
entry in /etc/fstab for the share.

Good luck,

Dolf.