[okular] Re: reading pdf annotated by acrobat

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 05:58:44 UTC 2009

jason bourne wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> On 05/29/2009 12:44 AM, Luca Ferrari wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm using kde 4.2 on kubuntu jaunty. I often receive pdfs annotated by adobe
>>> acrobat, and okular shows me that there's an annotation but not what the
>>> annotation refers to. Is there any way to get it working or is there another
>>> good pdf reader that is more compatible with adobe's?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Luca
>>>

>> Dotan seems to be the okular guy this week (see the 'PDF Editor in
>> Ubuntu' thread. I've added the [okular] tag to your subject & suspect
>> that he'll pop in any moment to help. :-)
>>

> Evince works better
> Better download acroread for linux
> try
> apt-get install acroread
> if not working,download at adobe's website

karl at karl-hardy:~$ sudo aptitude install acroread
[sudo] password for karl:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
Building tag database... Done
  acroread
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 63.4MB of archives. After unpacking 152MB will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Get:1 http://archive.canonical.com hardy/partner acroread 9.1.0-7hardy2
[63.4MB]
1% [1 acroread 856273/63.4MB 1%]                               26.3kB/s
39min35s

    It is working here in USA this morning. Takes a long time to D/L :-)

But it gets the darn Key I hope....

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI