PDF Editor in Ubuntu

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:07:58 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>> Thanks. CC me so that I'll be sure to read it.
>>>

>> Won't be until later this weekend... I'm backing down the test machine
>> from jaunty to intrepid in order to try and troubleshoot why printing to
>> cups-pdf no longer saves the fonts in the pdf file. Result is that
>> jaunty renders cups-pdf pretty useless regardless of which ppd driver is
>> used. See:
>> [bad quality with cups-pdf]
>> http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7112748
>> [pdf fonts all jaggy]
>>

>     Guys I have made .pdf files from .odt files with open office and
> they open fine with the linux viewer Evince but when I try to load them
> to Scribus it says they are not good and will not load them. This is
> Linux to Linux and it fails. Sribus will load other .pdf files I have
> that came from other sources.
>
>     I think the message is that OO makes a poor pdf and we need a better

Try OOo -> Print to PS -> convert the resulting PS file to PDF using
ps2pdf. See if scribus complains about the resulting PDF.

ps2pdf is the most robust method I have seen of producing PDFs on Linux.
Been using this method since last some years with LaTeX, never fails. If
scribus complains with this PDF as well, maybe something is the matter
with scribus.

Regards.

ever having been read.