KDE4.3 beta issues

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 22:01:27 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> IF it were not meant for end users, why was it the ONLY version of KDE offered
>> in 8.10?
>>

> That is a distro issue, not a KDE issue. Be mad, but at *buntu, not at
> KDE. KDE still offers KDE 3.5.10 for download, and still calls it "the
> more mature version":
> http://kde.org/download/
>

>>  I have had several people that I installed Ubuntu on their machines
>> for, leave Ubuntu completely because of it.  I stayed with 8.04 because 8.10
>> and 9.04 were both flawed as far as workable KDE and if it not fixed soon, I
>> too may have to leave Ubuntu.  The "end of story" is when you drive away
>> users, you no longer have a product to develop!
>>

> Again, a distro issue, not a KDE issue.

    I am on my KDE 4.1 which I got by using the Synastic file system
months ago. I did a lot of improvements on this 8.10 using it as a Gnome
system since I first loaded KDE.  Today KDE 4.1 looks real good on
Ubuntu 8.10 and think it would please a KNU user.

     Alas, I am a Gnome user and with KDE I can't find basic things I
use daily like a Terminal. The KDE Desktop has all the directories I
have on it and a movie uses the VLS viewer ok. But I have looked for
Wicd and it is working but hidden somewhere :-)

73 Karl