Jaunty Boot-up Problem

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 09:00:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 11:43:36 -0700
NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> This might be of interest:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/58430
> [Command-line recovery required when fsck reports an unexpectedy
> inconsistency]
>
> Graham, I'd backup your critical data before manually running fsck.
[snipped]

All my critical data is now backed up on a hard drive, and I thank
every one who has helped me.  I guess the instruction I should type in
is:

fsck /dev/sda5

before Ctrl+D and see what happens.  I honestly can't remember if the
screen will let me input this before the fsck command but if there's
any problem I'll be back (as Arnie says).

Thanks NoOp for the link: it was very interesting and informative.

--

Graham Todd