Intel graphics

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed May 27 12:44:00 UTC 2009

Hal Burgiss wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca>
> wrote:

>>> This is as good of an explanation as I've seen:
>>>
>>> http://www.h-online.com/open/Ubuntu-9-04-and-Intel-
>> graphics--/features/113196
>>
>> Actually, it's not.
>
> If that's not the best explanation I've seen, please refresh my memory
> on what is. Its eluding me at the moment.

It doesn't even begin to explain the bug:
>> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/338669), and that's what has been so
>> hard to pin down.
>
> If the performance related issues are by comparison not "so hard",
> point me to the solution, because my system is abysmally slow,

There isn't a solution, but that's _just_ performance, and they know what
the problem is (UXA support in the kernel).  The issues in the bug are not
even identified.

> My reading of the OP is that he is looking for an "explanation" of why
> this problem has surfaced and is not readily solvable, and not a
> definitive list of every aspect of the problem.

Fine, and my answer was that there isn't a solution because nobody has
properly identified the problem - pointing to a page that doesn't even
mention the problem doesn't help him either.
--
derek