POS & Invoicing software on Ubuntu

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed May 27 12:49:46 UTC 2009

Roger Neth Jr wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:39 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

(well actually, I'm sure he didn't, but the attributions have got muddled)

>> Hello Forum, I've been selling Restaurant POS for over eight years and
>> Windows based. I tried to find Linux Restaurant POS software and only
>> found proprietary software. I talked to a big hardware distributor on the
>> west coast and they said there is no interest in linux.
>
> I believe this would be a great niche market for linux and consultants,
> especially with the current economic downturn and Windows tax and lockin.

I'd be surprised if it would be a "great" niche market, but I'd be equally
surprised if the purchases _care_ what software is on it, as long as it
works.  I really doubt many restaurateurs specifically ask for a "Windows"
POS.  They might ask for specific POS apps.
--
derek