more than a little OT - Re: My writing on the Wicd web page

russell cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 27 08:16:35 UTC 2009

Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2009, Ray Leventhal wrote:
>

>> Despite clear instructions to the contrary, which included reasons WHY
>> you should not use the .deb files which are not obtained from a listed
>> repository.  When using a package based distro, like Ubuntu or Debian,
>> Red Hat or CentOS, installing using the package management system keeps
>> you up to date semi automagically.
>>

>                ...........snip...........
>
>> Here's a piece of advice I know you probably won't heed.  Get a blog.
>> Use that space to rant and make broad-brush statements.  Here, take a
>> breath before hitting 'send'.  I know I'll be happier with this list if
>> you'd do that one thing.
>>

>                ............snip............
>
> Please don't tell Karl to stop posting his day to day tribulations to
> the list. First, he won't do it. Second his last series about his wicd
> problems was extraordinary. The humor. The pathos. I laughed. I cried.
> Roger Ebert would give it a thumbs up. Truly great entertainment.

Truly sublime Robert! <grin>

I mainly use another distro as my desktop and use Ubuntu as my LAMP
(without the P) server, so it's pretty stable and I rarely *need* to
read this list. I do though, most days... Why you ask? I'm glad you did.
Ever since this list was subtitled, a Day in the Life of Karl, it's
become so much more entertaining... Sometimes, there's even
enlightenment....

I do find a unique irony that Karl F *LARSEN* and the Far Side creator
Gary Larsen share the same lastname... Sorta makes the list a Far Side
meets Dilbert now LOL

--

Kind Regards Russell
sales at windsorcycles.com.au