1280 X 768 corrected

Jason Straight jason at jeetkunedomaster.net
Wed May 27 02:49:06 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 08:31 PM, Dennis wrote:
> command doesn't do nothing.  When running laptop by itself, I have
> always got 1280x768.  It's when I plug in external monitor is when it
> changes resolutions, with the exception of XP.  anyway thanks for all
> your input. feel free to give more advise, info etc.
> Dennis

When you have your monitor plugged in - run xrandr -q and paste the
output in your next response. I hardly ever run dual monitors, usually
only when I'm using a projector - and that's been a while.

Do you have your monitor plugged in all the time? ie. is it plugged in
when you turn on your computer? Or are you plugging it in after boot?