Wcid Program problems

Steven Susbauer steven at too1337.com
Wed May 27 02:27:17 UTC 2009

Jerry Houston wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 May 2009 07:15:36 am Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2009 05:25:44 -0600
>>
>> "Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Someone thinks that
>>> adding a repository and a key will get wcid going on Hardy and 8.10.
>>> Alas it doesn't work.
>> It sure seemed to work fine for me on my Hardy.  Karl, you must be a..
>> special case or something.
>

> I haven't been here for long, but I've gotta agree with you.
>
> Karl is indeed _special_.

I think we've established this enough in the thread. Lets move away from
the comments about Karl as a person. He has learned that using
repositories does work, and is even an easier solution than installing
by hand, and he did provide positive changes to the Wicd wiki that made
my step-by-step instructions a bit more clear. That, at least, is a
positive contribution.

Plus, this whole thread allowed me to discover (well, actually try - I
knew of it) Wicd, which although it may not be perfect for everybody,
seems to be an outstanding replacement for at least the basic Network
Manager functionality, and even an improvement in some areas.

For the rest of the traffic here lets try to keep the Code of Conduct in
mind, even when frustrated. :)