Wcid Program problems

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:43:28 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 02:32 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Robert Holtzman wrote:

>>                    ............snip...........
>>

>>>     This does not cover USING wcid on a Ubuntu computer with WiFi except
>>> for Jaunty, and even there it doesn't talk to clicking the tiny triangle
>>> so you can enter your password. This IS critical :-)
>>>
>> Of course it is. It's also so trivial that no forum, wiki, HOWTO or man
>> page that I could find feels it necessary to mention it. After going
>> *way* back in the Ubuntu and Debian archives I failed to find anyone who
>> had trouble figuring this out. No one required spoon feeding to that
>> extent (disclaimer: due to the late hour and fatigue I may have missed
>> some, but if so they were damned few).
>>
>> Tell me, boychick, why only you?
>>

>      Well my mother, not like yours knew nothing about this problem so
> she never told me be sure to leave the panel un-closed while you d/l the
> key. That is why the part of the Ubuntu instructions covering this part
> are done in dark letters. So guys like you can, if only you knew how to
> read, learn something.
>
> Karl

The point here is that Robert's telling you it was so trivial that he
didn't have to read about it.  He wasn't talking about the synaptic or
software sources, he was referring to your insistence that the triangle
widget in WICD should be documented.

BTW, I tried WICD once and never needed any documentation to get it
running.  It didn't suit my needs, so I reverted back to NM and never
had issues with the keyring or any other portion of the application.

Because it isn't obvious to you doesn't mean it's junk, broken or buggy
to anyone else.