set up wireless internet

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Tue May 26 19:22:12 UTC 2009

I am trying to get my wireless card working. The card has been in the
machine a long time but has not been in use in about a year. It is a
Linksys card But I have no numbers as to make and model. My ubuntu
8.04 64 bit system can't seem to see it. I don't believe I have the
correct driver on board. I have been to the Ubuntu 8.04 help page and
spent a great deal of yesterday trying to work my way through this.
Without a card number I can't pick a driver to install. Is there a way
to get the card number without taking the card out and actually reading
the numbers or a way to pick a driver??

Thanks for any help,

doug