slow printing

alan duval amoht at westnet.com.au
Tue May 26 13:13:12 UTC 2009

noOp wrote:

Sounds similar to this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/339752
[(Intrepid) Missing parport printer in CUPS]

Might be worth having a look through these as well:
https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=parport
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=parport&searchon=names&suite=jaunty&section=all>

$ lsmod |grep parport
parport_pc             40100  1
parport                42220  3 lp,ppdev,parport_pc

I ran the above command with the following result:

alan at mybox:~$ lsmod |grep parport

parport_pc 36260 1

parport 37832 3 ppdev,lp,parport_pc

alan at mybox:~$

Can't see anything in the other sites that could apply.
Decided to add "read and write" to the permissions for others for
/dev/parport0.
I don't think it has made any difference. I'll time a page of printing
and then time the same in eComStation to see if there is much difference.

Alan