(Jaunty)Problem starting Google Earth

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Tue May 26 03:15:16 UTC 2009

I have  tried to get Google Earth to start on this system with no
success. It will come up all the way through the server login and the
tip of the day then just crash. I am running Jaunty with Intel graphics.
I have set up and am running the UXA fix for Intel. I have also renamed
the libcrypto.so.0.9.8 file as suggested in the forums. The result of
that is the following when trying to run Google Earth from a terminal.

/usr/lib/googleearth/googleearth-bin: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/googleearth/libssl.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc

I have also tried to run it under Metacity instead of Compiz. Same
result I'm afraid. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............